Department of Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Urbana, IL, 61801
Email: caesar (at) cs (dot) illinois (dot) edu
Office: Room 3118, Siebel Center
[ Publications ]
[ Bio ]
I am a Professor in the Department of Computer Science at UIUC.
I am also an Affiliate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, an Affiliate Research Professor in the Coordinated Science Laboratory, Affiliate Professor in the School of Information Sciences, and a member of the Information Trust Institute.
I currently serve as the Vice Chair of ACM SIGCOMM, and the co-chair of The Networking Channel, an online community talk series for the computer systems and networking community.
I co-founded and previously served as the Chief Science Officer and President of Veriflow (sold to VMware in 2019).
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from UC Berkeley.
My research focuses on the design, analysis, and implementation of
networked and distributed systems, with an emphasis on network
virtualization, routing, network algorithms, systems security, and
cloud services. I like taking a multi-pronged approach to system
design, building systems that work well in practice but are grounded in
strong theoretical principles.
My recent work involves network security, network verification, and Internet of Things.
- Rahul Balakrishnan (MS 2021)
- Aniket Shirke (MS 2021, Google, Youtube Ads Ecosystem)
- Bella Lee (MS 2021, Google)
- Santhosh Prabhu (PhD 2020, VMware)
- Umar Farooq (MS 2020, Amazon Cloud Services)
- Wenxuan Zhou (PhD 2018, Senior Software Engineer, Network Verification Group, VMware)
- Jason Croft (PhD 2018, Researcher, Forward Networks)
- Zhichun Wan (MS 2019, Software Engineer, Cloud Development Group, Marklogic)
- Rashid Tahir (PhD 2018, Assistant Professor, University of Prince Mugrin, Saudi Arabia)
- Gohar Irfan Chaudhry (MS 2018, Systems and Networking Group, Microsoft Research)
- Yongli Chen (MS 2017, Azure Cloud Core Networking Team, Microsoft)
- Fred Douglas (PhD 2017, Software Engineer (working on Internet Freedom), Google)
- Hassan Shahid Khan (MS 2017, Software Engineer, Amazon)
- Ahmed Khurshid (PhD 2015, Principal Engineer and Co-Founder, Veriflow Systems)
- Kevin Jin (Postdoctoral Fellow, Assistant Professor, Illinois Institute of Technology)
- Anduo Wang (Postdoctoral Fellow, Assistant Professor, Temple University)
- Virajith Jalaparti (PhD 2015, Scientist, Cloud Information Services Laboratory, Microsoft)
- Jereme Lamps (MS 2015, Sandia National Labs, Cyber Security R&D)
- Chi-Yao Hong (PhD 2015, Google Core Network Architectures Group)
- Bobby Zhongbo Chen (MS 2015, Software Engineer, Growth Infrastructure Team, Dropbox)
- Chia-Chi Lin (PhD 2013, Facebook Research)
- Yiwei Yang (MS 2013, Yahoo! Labs, Champaign)
Rachit Agarwal (PhD 2013, Assistant Professor, Cornell University)
- Joseph Leong (MS 2013, MIT Lincoln Laboratory)
- Firat Kiyak (MS 2009, Microsoft, Windows Core Networking Team)
- Brent Mochizuki (MS 2010, UC Berkeley Space Sciences Lab)